|Hometown:||West Des Moines, Iowa|
• 2-year letterwinner (2010, 11)
• Second Team All-Conference (2011)
• IIAC Male Athlete of the Week (10/16/11)
• IIAC Offensive Player of the Week (10/16/11)
Passing Attempts: 59 (vs. Wartburg, 10/15/11)
Passing Completions: 38 (vs. Wartburg, 10/15/11)
Passing Yards: 385 (vs. Cornell, 10/8/11)
Passing Touchdowns: 5 (vs. Wartburg, 10/15/11)
Longest Completion: 88 (TD, vs. Buena Vista, 11/5/11)
Rushing Attempts: 15 (at Cornell, 10/30/10)
Rushing Yards: 51 (at Luther, 10/22/11)
Longest Rush: 23 (vs. Central, 11/12/11)
In the Record Books
Single Game Passes Attempted: 1st (59, vs. Wartburg, 10/15/11)
Season Passes Attempted: 2nd (381, 2011)
Career Passes Attempted: 3rd (623, 2010-11)
Single Game Passes Completed: 1st (38, vs. Wartburg, 10/15/11)
Season Passes Completed: 1st (246, 2011)
Career Passes Completed: t-3rd (375, 2010-11)
Single Game Passing Yards: 4th (385, vs. Cornell, 10/8/11)
Single Season Passing Yards: 2nd (2,617, 2011)
Career Passing Yards: 4th (3,918, 2010-11)
Single Season Passing Effeciency: 9th (135.6, 2011)
Career Passing Effeciency: 6th (122.4, 2010-11)
Single Game Completion Percentage: 4th (78.1, at Coe, 9/17/11)
Season Completion Percentage: t-1st (64.6, 2011)
Career Completion Percentage: 3rd (60.2, 2010-11)
Season Yards Per Game: 2nd (261.7, 2011)
Career Yards Per Game: 1st (195.9, 2010-11)
Single Game Total Offensive Yards: 2nd (429, vs. Cornell, 10/8/11)
Season Total Offensive Yards: 2nd (2,831, 2011)
Career Total Offensive Yards: 5th (4,333, 2010-11)
Season Total Offensive Yards Per Game: 2nd (283.1, 2011)
Career Total Offensive Yards Per Game: 1st (216.6, 2010-11)
Season Touchdowns Responsible For: 6th (24, 2011)
Career Touchdowns Responsible For: 8th (35, 2010-11)
Longest Pass Completions: 2nd (88, vs. Buena Vista, 11/5/11)
Started all 10 games ... named second team all-conference and voted team's Offensive MVP after throwing for 2,617 yards (second most in school history), 19 touchdowns (t-third most in school history) and 6 interceptions ... had a quarterback effeciency rating of 135.57 and completed 64.6 percent of passes (t-first in school history) ... named IIAC Offensive Player and Male Athlete of the Week on Oct. 16 after going 38-for-59 for for 358 yards and 5 touchdowns against 0 interceptions in an upset win over Wartburg on 10/15 ... set Simpson records for: completions in a season (246), completions in a game (38, at Wartburg, 10/15) and passes attempted in a game (59, at Wartburg) ... compiled the second-most total offense in school history with 2,831 yards (214 rushing) ... threw for a season-high 385 yards against Cornell (10/8) ... connected on a season-high 5 touchdown passes against Wartburg, the second most in school history ... eclipsed the 300-yard passing mark four times ... completed a season-long 88-yard pass for a touchdown against Buena Vista (11/5) ... rushed for a season-high 51 yards on 9 carries against Luther (10/22) ... earned a varsity letter ... Baseball: hit .153 with 11 RBIs and 7 runs scored in 25 games.
Started all 10 games under center ... went 129-for-242 with 9 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and 1,301 yards ... had a 101.65 quarterback effeciency rating ... completed 53.3 percent of passes and averaged 130.1 yards per game ... ranked second on the team in rushing with 201 yards and 2 touchdowns ... led team in total offense (1,281 yards, 128.1/g) ... set season-highs in completions (26), attempts (44) and yards (273) against Coe (10/23) ... also threw a season-long 47-yard completion against the Kohawks ... went 19-for-36 for 225 yards and 2 touchdowns with a rushing touchdown against Luther (10/2) ... went 15-for-23 for 145 yards, 2 touchdowns and a rushing touchdown against Cornell (10/30) ... earned a varsity letter ... also a member of the baseball team.
A 2010 graduate of West Des Moines Valley High School ... coached by Gary Swenson ... named first team all-conference as a junior and senior ... led Valley to the Class 4A State Championship as a junior ... also lettered in track and baseball.
Born Dec. 10, 1991 ... son of Brett and Vicki nelson ... majoring in sports management ... has a sister, Kaitlyn.
- Big third quarter leads Coe past Simpson
- Simpson hosts Coe for Homecoming
- Football can't keep up with Dubuque...
- Football heads to Dubuque looking for...
- Football loses thriller at Buena Vista
- Football opens IIAC play at Buena Vista...
- Smothering defense leads football to...
- Student-Athletes set new mark in Rally...
- Holland, opportunistic defense lead...
- Klein named IIAC Player of the Week
- Football ready for season opener at Iowa...
- Berkey shines in debut as Simpson rolls
- Football team adds home game to 2014...
- Finley, Connealy named preseason...
- #StormTop10: No. 3
- #StormTop10: No. 6
- Five football players named to NFF...
- Division III Week Profile - Jake Barr
- Division III Week Profile - Kylie Van...
- Division III Week Profile - Alex Severn
- Football team announces 2014 schedule
- Stillman, Vogel named Student-Athletes...
- 50 named to fall All-Academic team
- Taylor Nelson to play in Division II...
- Vogel named to all region team
- Nelson voted MVP, seven football players...
- Finley, Severn earn Academic All-Distric...
- Nelson to Vogel connection big in...
- A Man Among Boys
- Last-second play lifts Buena Vista over...
- Nelson named IIAC Offensive Player of...
- Football shocks Dubuque in final seconds
- Nelson named IIAC Athlete of the Week
- Football beats Coe in OT thriller
- Simpson athletes, Sodexo "rally&quo...
- Beem, ground game lead Simpson to win at...
- Nelson, Klein earn IIAC honors
- Football takes down Dutch on Homecoming
- Big plays, field position crucial in...
- Vogel named IIAC Performer of the Week
- Big fourth quarter lifts Simpson to...
- Fourth quarter comeback falls short in...
- Storm beat the heat, Iowa Wesleyan on...
- Football Season Preview: Momentum in...
- Football camp gets underway
- 2012-13 Storm Top 10: No. 3
- Brian Niemuth named Director of...
- Five football players named to Hampshire...
- Division III Week - April 8-14
- Junior Visit Day set for May 3
- 2012 Football Season Highlights
- Sirianni steps down as Simpson Athletic...
- Lovik, Rogers named Student-Athletes of...
- 35 named fall academic all-conference
- Cronin earns Academic All-America honors
- Vogel named first team all-region
- Simpson places 12 on All-Iowa Conference...
- Nelson named IIAC Offensive Player of...
- Storm beat Luther, close season on high...
- Cronin named to academic all-district...
- Saturday's football game to be televised
- Simpson comeback falls short against...
- Furious comeback falls short against...
- Week 7 Highlights: Coe
- Storm stunned by Coe
- Week 6 Highlights: Loras
- Storm feature balanced attack in win...
- Nelson, Borland, Vogel take home IIAC...
- Week 5 Highlights: Central
- Nelson leads rushing attack in rivalry...
- Gaffney, Vogel named Student Atheltes of...
- Simpson beats Wartburg on blocked PAT,...
- Simpson football coaches to take part in...
- Vogel named IIAC Player of the Week
- Simpson fires on all cylinders in win at...
- Storm done in by turnovers
- Nelson, Cronin take home IIAC awards
- Storm use big plays to win season opener
- Storm Top 10 Countdown: No. 1
- Cronin, Rogers named Pre-Season...
- Top 10 Countdown begins July 3
- Football junior visit day a success
- SAAC holds recognition banquet
- Football sets Junior Visit Day
- Simpson football announces 2012 schedule
- Storm football players selected to...
- 45 fall student-athletes named academic...
- Storm place seven on All-IIAC Football...
- Slow start, missed opportunities hamper...
- Simpson Storm Football Coaches Show -...
- Cronin, Everding, Schott named Academic...
- Gale named IIAC Player of the Week
- Storm shut out Buena Vista
- Storm hold off Luther, run winning...
- Nelson, Cronin, Gale earn IIAC Player of...
- Upset! Storm knock off No. 19 Wartburg...
- Storm offense soars to 42-22 homecoming...
- Dillenburg, Nelson named Student-Athlete...
- Dubuque offense too much for Storm
- Storm crash homecoming at Loras
- Vogel named IIAC Player of the Week
Storm scare Coe but fall short $awardType (9/17/11)
Nelson named IIAC Player of the Week $awardType (9/13/11)
Nelson sets record but Storm comeback falls short against St. Olaf $awardType (9/10/11)
Storm drop opener to No. 7 Bethel $awardType (9/3/11)
Storm players coaches give back with free clinic $awardType (7/6/11)
Top 10 Performances of 2010-11 $awardType (6/13/11)
Football announces 2011 team captains $awardType (5/25/11)
Simpson student-athletes gain new opportunities with Career Athletes $awardType (5/10/11)
Junior Visit Day set for May 4 $awardType (3/11/11)
Simpson football players take the 'Plunge' $awardType (3/9/11)
Football team announces postseason awards $awardType (2/1/11)
Football cancels postseason banquet $awardType (12/11/10)
37 fall athletes named IIAC Academic All-Conference $awardType (12/6/10)
Seven football players earn IIAC recognition $awardType (11/22/10)
Turnovers cost Storm against Wartburg $awardType (11/13/10)
Everding Schott named Academic All-District $awardType (11/4/10)
Storm win takeaway battle beat Cornell $awardType (10/30/10)
Coe offense too much for Storm $awardType (10/23/10)
28-point third quarter powers Dubuque over Storm $awardType (10/16/10)
Central earns homecoming win over Storm $awardType (10/9/10)
Nelson named IIAC Offensive Player of the Week $awardType (10/5/10)
Comeback bid falls short in final minutes $awardType (10/2/10)
Big plays hurt Simpson against Buena Vista $awardType (9/25/10)
Everding named IIAC Defensive Player of the Week $awardType (9/21/10)
Simpson runs past Loras $awardType (9/18/10)
St. Olaf shuts out Simpson 34-0 $awardType (9/11/10)
Bethel offense leads second half charge $awardType (9/4/10)
Storm announce postseason awards $awardType (12/6/09)
Storm get out to fast start but Wartburg finishes strong $awardType (11/14/09)
Storm snap skid prevail over Cornell $awardType (10/31/09)
Coe defeats Simpson 48-14 $awardType (10/24/09)
Zweifel Dubuque top Storm $awardType (10/17/09)
Central hands Storm homecoming loss $awardType (10/10/09)
Storm lose sloppy game at Luther $awardType (10/3/09)
Storm win thriller against Buena Vista $awardType (9/26/09)
Simpson joins in the fight against MD $awardType (9/23/09)
31-point quarter lifts Loras over Simpson $awardType (9/19/09)
Simpson racks up 563 yards in 48-20 win over Northwestern $awardType (9/12/09)
Storm drop season-opener at UW-Stout $awardType (9/5/09)
Hopes high for the Storm in 2009 $awardType (8/16/09)
Kain earns postseason honor for Barnstormers $awardType (8/14/09)
Kain is Able: former Simpson receiver helps Barnstormers to postseason $awardType (7/30/09)
Simpson football games to be broadcast this fall $awardType (7/23/09)
Football picked third in preseason poll $awardType (6/7/09)
Rogers Nelson named October Athletes of the Month $awardType ()
Simpson inducts seven into Hall of Fame $awardType ()
Division III Week Profile - Morgan Terpstra $awardType ()
Buxton Stadium resurfacing begins $awardType ()
Vote for your favorite highlights of 2013-14 in this year's #StormTop10 $awardType ()